- First, half golf sets are lower cost options for beginner golf club sets. A half golf set, as the name suggests, includes half of the number of clubs a full set includes. While a full set of clubs can cost up to $2,000, but a half set will be considerably less. The game’s learning curves can make it difficult for beginners to be willing to commit a significant amount of money without being able to truly gauge their interest in the sport.
- Half golf starter sets provide great flexibility for new players. While half sets are available as a put-together set, many half sets can be easily purchased with a hand-selected mix of clubs. The typical half club set has a putter, a couple of irons, and a couple of woods. Some players may be more comfortable with a set of even-numbered irons instead of a set of odd-numbered irons. Others may want a set that has a sand wedge or pitching wedge.
- There is a full range of golf clubs, including irons, drivers, putters, hybrids, fairway woods, rescue clubs, sand wedges, and pitching wedges. The type and variety of available clubs can be overwhelming for new players, and even experienced players do not often play with all of these kinds of clubs. Half beginner golf club sets give new players the simplicity of being able to play with just the essentials – a more common set of traditional clubs without more complex, advanced clubs that can be challenging to master.
- Another benefit to having a basic set of clubs to start out with is the ability to add clubs as your game improves. Once a player can mastered club basics and has more experience on the course, he can purchase additional clubs to fill in his set. With more practice on the course and exposure to a variety of clubs, either from trying out other players’ clubs or golf shop samples, a player should have an understanding of his style and preferences for club weight, shape, length, material, and brand.
- New players can confidently approach the driving range and golf course with a half golf set, which provides a budget-friendly set of club essentials. These golf starter sets make an excellent basis for a full, advanced set, which may include the addition of wedges, rescue clubs, or hybrids. With practice, a golf can add to his half set to create a personalized full set of clubs.
Filed under: Articles
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!